[openib-general] Re: Bugzilla update

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Mar 8 07:26:22 PST 2006

Quoting r. Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at pathscale.com>:
> Subject: Bugzilla update
>
> I spent some time tonight scanning Coverity's kernel scan report, and
> filed bugs at http://www.openib.org/bugzilla against the stuff that
> looked real.
>
> There are a few trivial things, a few false positives, and what looks
> like a dozen real bugs, a few of which could clearly cause oopses.
>
> Of the bugs, 5 are in core IB code, 3 in mthca driver, and the rest in
> ULPs.  At least one is almost surely bogus.
>
> SRP and Core IB don't have owners, so I don't know what to do about
> those.  Roland, can you sign up for Bugzilla so you can take the core
> and some ULP stuff, please?
>
> 	<b

Good stuff.
What about checking the userspace code? Can it be done?

By the way, the coverity guys recently started posting scan results
for mainline kernel, so that will cover all of the code in there.

They require registration to see the results as a security measure,
so I have not seem them myself - Roland, did you have a chance to
look at these?

--
Michael S. Tsirkin
Staff Engineer, Mellanox Technologies