[ofa-general] OpensSM and Multiple Ports

Stanley Sufficool stanleysufficool at roadrunner.com
Fri Aug 3 19:34:04 PDT 2007

I am trying to get opensm to manage two separate subnets, one per IB
port on an Infinihost II PCIe HCA. I can specify PORT=1 and opensmd will
start without error. On the second sm management node, I start with
PORT=2 in opensm.conf and opensm fails with a timeout error.

I am using Gentoo Linux with the mlx HCA and MAD, UMAD, etc... built
into kernel 2.6.20.

My goal is to get ipoib working. IPoIB is being flakey with duplicated
ethernet MAC addresses ( MAC: 02:00:00:00:01 & :02 ) . This may be
resolved when opensm is working?

I am also hoping to get SRP with Windows initiators and a Linux target
using the SRPT kernel module. But failing that, I will regress to iSCSI
with hopes of a future iSER target/initiator support.