[ofa-general] OpensSM and Multiple Ports

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 03:55:49 PDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Stanley Sufficool <stanleysufficool at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get opensm to manage two separate subnets, one per IB port on
> an Infinihost II PCIe HCA. I can specify PORT=1 and opensmd will start
> without error. On the second sm management node, I start with PORT=2 in
> opensm.conf and opensm fails with a timeout error.

Not sure what PORT is but you can start OpenSM on a specific port by
using the -g (or -guid) option. Something like:
opensm -g=0x12345678 where 0x12345678 is the port (not node) GUID

> I am using Gentoo Linux with the mlx HCA and MAD, UMAD, etc... built into
> kernel 2.6.20.
>
> My goal is to get ipoib working. IPoIB is being flakey with duplicated
> ethernet MAC addresses ( MAC: 02:00:00:00:01 & :02 ) . This may be resolved
> when opensm is working?

IPoIB won't work until the ports are brought up by the SM. Not sure
about the duplicated MACs. I don't understand this.

-- Hal