[openib-general] InfiniBand Maintainers Summit/BOF at Ottawa Linux Symposium

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Jan 25 10:24:07 PST 2007

Since the kernel summit has been moved to Cambridge, England in
September this year, I'm unlikely to go to OLS too.

But I don't think an OLS BOF is really the best venue for an "RDMA
summit" anyway.  A BOF is too little time to really cover everything,
and having non-core people there changes the mood -- of course it's
good to include the hoi polloi most of the time, but I think you're
really proposing an event for the core developers only.

I think a summit really needs to be a full day and be invitation only.
One idea that might work would be to have a summit the day before the
Sonoma workshop in April.  This could be pretty informal, with no need
to involve the OFA board or anything cumbersome like that -- just tell
everyone to show up a day early, and get a small conference room and a
catered lunch at the hotel (money could probably be scared up to pay
for that without much trouble).

Or we could pick another day/location... I'm sure I could get a room &
food at Cisco's campus any time given a few weeks warning.

 - R.