[ofa-general] uDAPL Question

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Mon Jul 9 12:36:09 PDT 2007

Don Kerr wrote:

> OK, so no good way to determine this from uDAPL alone, its expected
> that the provider will register/deregister with the file as needed.
>
> Next question. is there a way to get the entire dat.conf entry from
> the uDAPL API?
>
> Example: Typical dat.conf entry might look something like:
>    OpenIB-cma u1.2 nonthreadsafe default
> /usr/local/lib64/libdaplcma.so dapl.1.2 "ib0 0" ""
>
> I can find the first field, in this example "OpenIB-cma", from the ia
> attribute name but what if I wanted to correlate say the 6th field,
> "ib0 0", with the first field?

What are you trying to determine from this parsing? Do you need to
actually know the netdev name or can you get by with the address of the
device? If you are using dat_registry_list_providers(), just walk the
list, use the device name for the dat_ia_open and if it returns
DAT_SUCCESS the device is active and configured. You can then call
dat_ia_query to get the IP address.

-arlin