[openfabrics-ewg] VNIC backport patches are whitespace-damaged

Ramachandra Kuchimanchi ramachandra.kuchimanchi at qlogic.com
Wed Jan 24 09:51:07 PST 2007

Vlad,

Roland merged these fixes into his vex branch. If you
can pull in the latest VNIC kernel driver code from Roland's vex
branch then these VNIC patches can be removed from the fixes directory of OFED.
If that is not possible, please let me know so that I can re-submit the patches.

Bryan,

Thanks for the patches, but your version of the second patch does not seem to
be exactly what I want. So if Vlad requires the patches, I will re-submit both
of them anyway.

The original version of these patches did not have any whitespace issues.
I guess these crept in when the inline patches were saved as files (probably by copy pasting)
in the fixes directory. And since the OFED kernel configure script applies these
patches with patch -l (to ignore whitespaces) and the build process was successful,
I never realized this issue.

Regards,
Ram