[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Toward next OFED release (1.3)

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Jun 26 12:34:10 PDT 2007

 > This comment  is aligned with OFED development methodology.
 > Regarding all kernel modules that are part of Linux: we first push the
 > change to the kernel and base OFED on this code.
 > We take kernel patches for bug fixes and portions that are targeted
 > for the kernel inclusion.
 > OFED does not come to be a bypass for the Linux kernel development process.

Right, I think we agree on things here.  I just want to emphasize that
the best and easiest way to get things into OFED is to get them into
upstream sources.  And I hope OFED maintainers will start to push back
on patch submissions to OFED that have not at least been submitted for
upstream inclusion.

 - R.