[libfabric-users] Best way to handle large number of connections

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Sep 14 16:23:01 PDT 2016

> I'm working on a project which involve writing a server to handle large
> number of Infiniband connections. I would like to know the best
> practice for handling large number of connections. Is it using epoll
> and fd_traywait? Or should I use the spin waits?

Just in case you never got a response to this or gave up waiting...

The best option would be to try sharing wait objects among the various connections.  This would limit the number of system resources that are used.  Epoll/trywait seem to me a better choice than spinning, without knowing what the application is trying to do.