[libfabric-users] Two-stage completion

Smith, Jonathan D jonathan.d.smith at intel.com
Wed Sep 14 16:46:13 PDT 2016

Hi everyone!

In my application, I could benefit greatly if I could force generation of two completion events per fi_tsendmsg - one generated on FI_TRANSMIT_COMPLETE and the other on FI_DELIVERY_COMPLETE, so I can block until the buffer is safe to mangle (post-transmit), and also throw an event in my app if a timeout occurs before the delivery completion.

How could I get this to happen? Is it sufficient to set both FI_TRANSMIT_COMPLETE and FI_DELIVERY_COMPLETE as my flags?

Thanks!
Jonathan Smith