[libfabric-users] connection-less send/recv with verbs

Maurizio Drocco drocco at di.unito.it
Sat Jul 15 02:33:14 PDT 2017

Thank you Arun,

> server: fi_rdm_pingpong -p verbs -s <server_verbs_interface_ip_address>
> client: fi_rdm_pingpong -p verbs <server_verbs_interface_ip_address>

This partially resolves the issue, but it still does not work if the server starts with some delay with respect to the client (that is the case in my code).

The following gets stuck:
fi_rdm_pingpong -p verbs 192.168.2.253 & sleep 1; fi_rdm_pingpong -p verbs -s 192.168.2.253

Maybe a correlated point: my code does not perform the initial “handshake” for filling AVs, it simply fills them “statically”.
Is there any specific reason for which the handshake (as is performed by any sample code I saw so far) should be preferable?

> You can also try using the ofi_rxm provider which provides a connectionless interface to verbs. This is a layered provider which runs over FI_EP_MSG interface of verbs provider.

On my system, I see a bunch of “sockets;ofi-rxm” providers (no verbs;ofi-rxm or similar).
One of them is as follows:

provider: sockets;ofi_rxm
    fabric: 192.168.2.0/24
    domain: ib0
    version: 1.0
    type: FI_EP_RDM
    protocol: FI_PROTO_RXM

Should I try this one?

Maurizio
---
Maurizio Drocco
PhD Candidate
University of Torino, department of Computer Science
Via Pessinetto 12, 10149 Torino - Italy