[libfabric-users] RDM send fails

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Nov 30 15:02:52 PST 2018

> RxM can wake up application thread waiting on CQ fd on connection
> events. But it isn't guaranteed that fi_send would be successful as it
> might take some time for the connection to be established. If this is
> the case fi_send would return EAGAIN and app should wait on the CQ fd
> again.

So, it sounds like the support is there for waiting on the fd after receiving EAGAIN.

> Also, in manual progress mode, app would have to do a fi_cq_read (to
> progress connection) before waiting on CQ fd.

Apps that wait directly on the fd must call trywait first, which will drive progress.  I believe that we're good here.

I can update the man pages to make this an explicit requirement on the provider, unless someone has a concern.