[libfabric-users] Problems running fabtests

Ankush Jain ankushj at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue May 21 20:21:15 PDT 2019

Hi Sean,

Yes, that flag indeed seemed to be the issue. I was able to use libfabric
1.5 and fi_pingpong with -e rdm/msg.

> Did you update to fabtests v1.7 along with libfabric v1.7?  Though,
fi_pingpong isn't technically a fabtests.  That ships directly with
libfabric.

Re: the issues with fi_pingpong in 1.7, since as you mentioned fi_pingpong
comes packaged with libfabric I was on the correct version. I guessed that
it might've something to do with the outdated OFED driver that shipped with
Ubuntu 18.04, so I've been trying to get the latest Mellanox driver up and
running. I've been facing some issues with that, but it seems everything is
fine with libfabric 1.5 at least, which allows me to make progress.

Thanks for the help! I'll update this thread if I'm able to run the latest
OFED drivers and the libfabric 1.7 issue still persists.

Ankush