[libfabric-users] Sockets is writing two errors to cq on disconnects

Carsten Patzke carsten.patzke at desy.de
Wed Apr 1 14:21:07 PDT 2020

Hello list,

I am currently using sockets;rdm and I've noticed that when I try to send data to an already closed connection
two error completions will be generated when called for the first time.

The first error completion is just a mostly empty one with no context and an error of FI_EIO.
The second error is the expected one with proper context and buffer (, err is also FI_EIO).

Is this intended?
Is there a way to catch the first error without just checking if the context is set?

My plan in general is to detect if there are stale requests and
after a certain timeout I try to send a ping package to the other peer to check if the connection is still working.

Best regards,
Carsten Patzke