[libfabric-users] Tracking and closing MRs

Carlo Alberto Gottardo carlo.alberto.gottardo at cern.ch
Wed Jul 15 09:47:42 PDT 2020

Dear Libfabric users & developers,

I would kindly ask for advice on the matter of unregistering memory regions.
In my application I register several buffers as memory regions with e.g.

fi_mr_reg(socket->domain, buf->data, buf->size, access, 0, socket->req_key++, 0, &buf->mr, NULL)

later on, in response to a FI_SHUTDOWN I would like to close the domain and all the resources associated to it.
I can close the endpoint, completion queue and event queue:

fi_close(&socket->ep->fid)
fi_close(&socket->cq->fid)
fi_close(&socket->eq->fid)

but
fi_close(&socket->domain->fid)

fails because some resources (I guess the memory regions) are still registered.

So, is there a way to get all the MRs associated to a domain to close them all?
If not, what is the most convenient approach?

Thank you very much for your help,

Carlo

Carlo A. Gottardo
NIKHEF & Radboud U. Nijmegen