[libfabric-users] memory registration "not needed", with the efa provider?

Wespetal, Robert wesper at amazon.com
Mon Jul 27 16:15:06 PDT 2020

Hi Greg,

The man page is correct in that the RDM endpoint does not require memory registration. The EFA device does require registrations but the Libfabric provider will do the registration on behalf of the user or copy into pre-registered bounce buffers depending on the protocol used.

There are examples of Libfabric users that require this behavior, for example the Open MPI OFI MTL does not do any memory registrations. I'd cut an issue on GitHub for the error and we can take a look!

Thanks,
Robert