[libfabric-users] Configure PeP to listen to multiple Network Interfaces & 2

Arne arnestruck at astruck.de
Mon Jun 22 14:26:47 PDT 2020

Hello,

this time I have 2 Questions.

First of all I d like to configure the passive endpoint of my server to
listen to multiple Network Interfaces (lo, eth0, eth1, wlan, etc).
According to the wording of the Developer Guide I think this is
possible, unfortunately I did not figure out the correct configuration
to do so. Up until now I have only given the pep localhost ip as a
sockaddr_in under FI_SOURCE and after that used multiple peps (each
correspondand to a its own Network Interface) as a workaround for testing.

Unfortunately Just giving the pep NULL as node and the port as service
does result in the pep automatically rejecting the connreq/not receiving it.

How should a pep configuration for a communication based pep look like
to achieve that? If you need more of my config to tell me what I am
doing wrong, I am happy to provide. Libfabric version used is 1.6.2.

Secondly:

To keep an overview over the peps of my workaround I tried to put their
pointers into a list (GSList), which leads to the same behaviour as
giving NULL as the node parameter. Why though? I dont see any reason for
this.

Greetings,

Arne Struck.