[libfabric-users] Configure PeP to listen to multiple Network Interfaces & 2

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Jun 24 16:28:55 PDT 2020

> First of all I d like to configure the passive endpoint of my server to
> listen to multiple Network Interfaces (lo, eth0, eth1, wlan, etc).
> According to the wording of the Developer Guide I think this is
> possible, unfortunately I did not figure out the correct configuration
> to do so. Up until now I have only given the pep localhost ip as a
> sockaddr_in under FI_SOURCE and after that used multiple peps (each
> correspondand to a its own Network Interface) as a workaround for testing.
>
> Unfortunately Just giving the pep NULL as node and the port as service
> does result in the pep automatically rejecting the connreq/not receiving it.

I'm not following the issue here.  When calling fi_getinfo(), are you specifying FI_SOURCE, setting node to NULL, and passing the port as the service?

That should create a wildcard listen address.  You can print the resulting fi_info structures to see if a specific IP address has been assigned or not as a src_addr.

> To keep an overview over the peps of my workaround I tried to put their
> pointers into a list (GSList), which leads to the same behaviour as
> giving NULL as the node parameter. Why though? I dont see any reason for
> this.

I didn't follow this.