[libfabric-users] netdir / verbs interop

smoore at MRU.MEDICAL.CANON smoore at MRU.MEDICAL.CANON
Thu Nov 12 13:38:17 PST 2020

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the quick response!

>>> Interopt between Linux and Windows has never been tested.  It should be able to be made to work, but likely requires work.
I stumbled across one interop issue already.  netdir supports up to 256 bytes of CM_DATA, verbs only supports 56 bytes (VRB_CM_DATA_SIZE), and verbs sets the first byte to the length of the data.  fi_setopt isn't implemented for either provider.  Is there any other way to change this?  Again, I suspect not, just want to confirm.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get further.

Best Regards,

Steve