[libfabric-users] FI_HMEM support for NVIDIA and Intel GPUs

Chunduri, Sudheer sudheer at anl.gov
Fri Apr 30 12:43:11 PDT 2021

Hi,

We have tested the MPICH using OFI on NVIDIA DGX100 nodes as well as on latest Intel GPU testbeds. Both nodes use Mellanox networks, and we were able to have the MPICH run over `verbs;ofi_rxm`. However, we could not see the `FI_HMEM` capability with the `verbs` provider, although we did see `FI_HMEM` with the `shm` provider. We do see code in OFI for `FI_HMEM` support at least with ZE (Intel GPU) but could not see that capability listed with our libfabric build. Is this what we are expected to see as supported?

Thanks
Sudheer