[libfabric-users] FI_MR_ENDPOINT question

Biddiscombe, John A. john.biddiscombe at cscs.ch
Thu Sep 1 02:22:16 PDT 2022

For machines that set the FI_MR_ENDPOINT flag - we must bind memory regions to an endpoint.

If I use a separate endpoint for sending and receiving, or worse, threadlocal endpoints (for sending), or a scalable endpoint (for sending)

Must I only use memory regions bound to the exact endpoint I'm actually using for a send  or receive operation (meaning threadlocal pools of registered memory for a threadlocal endpoint setup and separate pools of memory for send/receive).

How strict are the rules? If I bind memory to endpoint 1, and send using endpoint 2 - will it break?

thanks...

JB