[libfabric-users] FI_MR_ENDPOINT question

Welch, Steve welch at hpe.com
Thu Sep 1 08:05:16 PDT 2022

Hi John,

You mention messaging (send/recv) in your question; if FI_MR_LOCAL is not required, then for those operations the registration for local access is transparent to the client and multiple EP within the same domain/VA space could transparently share the underlying DMA mapping.

For RMA (write/read/amo) where remote MR are explicitly registered, bound and enabled, there is a good discussion here:
https://github.com/ofiwg/libfabric/discussions/7321

Steve