[libfabric-users] FI_REMOTE_CQ_DATA & RMA

Zhang, Wei wzam at amazon.com
Mon Sep 26 08:14:19 PDT 2022

Yes.

The following is the prototype of fi_write:

ssize_t fi_write(struct fid_ep *ep, const void *buf, size_t len,
	void *desc, fi_addr_t dest_addr, uint64_t addr, uint64_t key,
	void *context);

dest_addr is the remote endpoint address.

For connection less endpoints (like rdm), the way you get dest_address is:

First, call fi_getname() on the remote endpoint, to get raw address

Second, somehow transfer the raw address of remote endpoint to local process.

Finally, the local process call fi_av_insert() to insert raw address to address vector, this call will return the dest_address.

Wei