[nvmewin] the working order of faking NVMIdentify()

Freyensee, James P james.p.freyensee at intel.com
Thu Jun 7 16:39:15 PDT 2012

Hi, I am a little confused on how the driver fakes returning an NVMIdentify value I was hoping someone could tell me how it's doing it?

I see in NVMeProcessIoctl() there is a case for ADMIN_IDENTIFY.  But there is nothing ordinary being called that tips me into the driver handling supplying data for an NVMIdentify.  I see it happening in the initialization module, in NVMeInitCallback(), which is eventually called by NVMeRunning().

The reason I ask this is I may want to do something similar to the NVMe GET LOG PAGE command, return a set value every single time for a debugging case.

Thanks,
Jay