[Ofa_boardplus] Calendar for future TPC meetings

Atchley, Scott atchleyes at ornl.gov
Sun Oct 9 17:43:47 PDT 2016

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 3:16 PM, Paul Grun <grun at cray.com> wrote:
>
> I want to thank everybody on the To: line for an especially productive session this morning.  We discussed the schedule for upcoming meetings; given the shortness of the time, I would like to suggest that we shoot for two meetings per week for the first three weeks in November, after which there will be a hiatus.  Possibly Monday and Wednesday or Thursday?
>
> During the meeting, I asked several of you to jot down a few sentences outlining an idea you suggested today.  To keep it simple and reduce the burden, please feel free to just blurt out a few lines of stream-of-consciousness.  We’ll be iterating on these ideas in our next several meetings.  For the time being, please use the TO: list of this email as a pseudo-TPC mailing list.

Soon, there will be new options for connecting accelerators and other devices within a node. Some will provide coherent access whiles others do not. One example of coherent access is the CCIX (pronounced See-Six) Consortium:

http://www.ccixconsortium.com

http://www.nextplatform.com/2016/07/13/drilling-ccix-coherence-standard/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/moorinsights/2016/05/23/a-cache-coherent-interconnect-for-accelerators-ccix-fantasy-or-nirvana/#3c7656316afa

http://insidehpc.com/2016/05/technology-leaders-join-forces-to-bring-an-open-acceleration-framework-to-data-centers-and-other-markets/

How can coherently connected devices access RDMA networks or be exposed to the RDMA network?