[Ofa_boardplus] Jason's draft preso to the Linux Plumbers' Conference

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Aug 31 12:17:41 PDT 2017

>I don't think there's serious consideration of repurposing much less stopping
> the logo program. This is, IMHO, part of, if not THE foundation for the OFA.
>The important discussions Susan is leading now have to do with ways we can
> strengthen the program.

Perhaps a better way to word this is not to say, repurpose, but rather expand the testing and logo
program. For example have had some discussions in having an OFI provider certification/compliance program
that people could use to test their OFI providers to make sure they are semantically correct.
We have also had some discussions with the Linux distros about possibly using in-box OFS in the logo program
in addition to or in place of using the community OFED for interop testing.

My 2 cents.

woody