[Ofa_boardplus] Workshop - Final TPC scoring of workshop sessions

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Fri Feb 24 11:00:17 PST 2017

Greetings - As a result of this morning's final Technical Program Committee meeting, the attached spreadsheet shows the disposition of the proposals received.

To re-cap:
There were 57 total submissions received, of which we found room on the agenda to accommodate 52.  I want to emphasize that this was a very difficult process given the uniformly high quality of the abstracts received by the Committee.  Bravo to all those who submitted proposals for this year's workshop.

Of the remaining five sessions, we have chosen to hold those proposals as 'Conditionally Accepted', meaning that although they will not appear on the published agenda, those sessions will be used to backfill any openings that may arise due to cancellations.

Official acceptance letters are scheduled to be sent out by the logistics team on schedule, later today.

The TPC began its work on October 6th, and held nearly weekly meetings through today.  We, the OFA, owe a debt of gratitude to the members of the Technical Program Committee who gave generously of their time in the service of working through the difficult problems involved in building such an impactful agenda for our premier annual event.    It's no surprise that there were spirited discussions in a number of areas and that they were uniformly resolved with heart and integrity.  My thanks to all who contributed so much to making this possible.

Regards,
-Paul