[Ofa_boardplus] OFED releases

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Wed May 17 09:39:14 PDT 2017

> On May 16, 2017, at 3:48 PM, Woodruff, Robert J <robert.j.woodruff at intel.com> wrote:
>
> I think where we left it was that the distros were off contemplating it and perhaps also thinking about joining the OFA to facilitate that closer relationship.

I have spoken with Doug Ledford via email and he is still onboard with bringing RHEL testing into UNH-IOL for OFS compatibility and functionality.  He is also still thinking RH will join the OFA.

I have not heard from SUSE recently.  We (OFA/UNH-IOL) provided a quote long ago that was not acceptable to them.  It was after that conversation that the OFA Board tentatively approved funding UNH-IOL to adopt a more modern/industry-standard test framework.  The IWG will be actively pursuing that now that InterOp and PlugFest are behind us.

New quotes and outreach between us and the distros has been prioritized now that UNH-IOL can come up for air.

Susan Coulter / HPC-DES
Network Capability Lead
(505) 667-8425
“Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right”  Robert Hunter