[Ofa_boardplus] logo program discussion

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Fri Sep 1 18:39:11 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 11:04:17PM +0000, Coulter, Susan K wrote:

> > On Sep 1, 2017, at 3:38 PM, Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 09:14:30PM +0000, Coulter, Susan K wrote:
> >
> >> We cannot simply say 'Logo program be gone' - even if there is some
> >> consensus among the folks contributing to the thread that it is
> >> useless.
> >
> > I think the board can vote to cease publication of the logo list and
> > stop issuing the logo while continuing on the UNH testing activity
> > more or less exactly as-is.
>
> True - but not without hearing from a larger set of the folks who
> currently participate.

Sorry I wasn't suggesting the above board votable as a blunt
instrument - but as a tool to build consensus around an
actionable idea.

eg an IWG conversation along the along the lines of 'we notice you are
not getting the logo on current products, what do you think about
discontinuing the published logo list but continuing the testing?'

> BTW, the Chair of the IWG and the person who manages the testing is
> Paul Bowden and he is on this thread.  He may be feeling a little
> beat up, but I hope not.

I hope he is not as well..

Jason