[Ofa_boardplus] Voteable item for 12/13/18 OFA Board Meeting attached

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 11:26:35 PST 2018

I'll take a stab at answering this, and Paul can correct me if I make a
mistake:

It's mostly like the boilerplate you see elsewhere.  Items of note:

We keep identifying information throughout the entire term of the OFA
conference.  After the final surveys are collected, bills paid, debts
collected, etc., the data is sanitized down to demographic data that is
non-identifying and then kept forever.  The rough limit on identifying
information for conference registrations is expected to be about 1 year.

We had some marketing data we got some time back, we are getting rid of
that.

All subscriptions to newsletters, updates, and especially mailing lists,
are considered explicit opt-in items.  As an opt-in item, we are allowed
to keep it indefinitely.

In regards to mailing list reflectors: anything sent to a mailing list
is explicitly considered opt-in, and not only do we keep it forever, it
is considered part of the history of the open source project development
and necessary that it be kept forever as part of good development
practices.  Most boilerplate doesn't have to worry about open source
development mailing lists, so this is a bit unique.

Did I get anything wrong here Paul?