[Ofa_boardplus] Draft Mission Statement

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Fri Mar 16 10:39:29 PDT 2018

Doug’s explanations have clarified why we used certain terms and the reasoning behind them.

As far as I’m concerned, the draft statement is very close to something I would vote for.
I am not overly concerned with networks versus fabrics versus technologies, etc.
If we just added a few words and re-arranged for readability all the concepts that matter to LANL are in there.

This does not address the specification-writing thing, but that does not have to be part of our mission statement.
If the Board agrees that some kind of standards or specification writing is something we need/want to do - for the benefit of the community - so be it.
That could be done in support of the broader mission - as stated below in chunks with a few terms added.