[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Repo and Maintainer List cleanup

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Mon May 21 13:56:28 PDT 2018

Jason,

I think many agree with your view of OFED's lack of relevance in today's environment. However, until we agree on another option for the OpenFabrics Interoperability Logo program, OFED still has purpose for OFA members. We can certainly request maintainers move packages to github, but we need to coordinate with EWG to prevent breaking OFED build process. That being said, if the board decides that the future of OFED is very limited then let's not create a huge amount of interim work for EWG only to remove the work completely 1-2 years down the road.

Arlin