[Ofa_boardplus] Bylaws review at this week's XWG meeting

Jim Ryan jimdryan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 14:07:42 PDT 2019

You may recall Paul is leading a small team writing new Bylaws. Our plan is
to review each of the elements, "Articles" w/n the team and when ready
present them to you for review and approval.

Again, as a reminder, we were provided with simplified Bylaws from another
SIG by our legal counsel and we adopted the general structure. Paul is
correctly requiring us to be creative and not just do a massive copy/paste

I was assigned or volunteered for 3 Articles:
6: Financial Administration and Recordkeeping

7: Indemnification and Insurance

8: Amendments

I drew the long straw. These are among the simplest Articles so, not
surprisingly, they are among the first ready for your review.

Of the three, only one requires any explanation. I believed what we had in
our existing Bylaws re Indemnification and Insurance was pretty well
thought thru and could usefully and correctly be used as written in the new
Article.

That said, it became clear that as a team we didn't feel qualified to
review my draft. We felt it was "technical" and really required legal
review. What I'm attaching is the result of that review.

As a practical matter, we intend to use the discussion in the XWG meeting
to see how well the review process works so we can make changes as needed
to accomplish our goals.

There may be other Articles ready in time for the meeting. If so we'll send
them along. In the meantime, please take a look at the attached.

As always comments/questions more than welcome

regards, Jim