[Ofa_boardplus] Belated March Treasurer's Report

Jim Ryan jimdryan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 10:16:28 PDT 2020

This month’s report is late for a couple of reasons. First, I discovered an
error in the amount the OFA is charged for business services by the Linux
Foundation (LF). That mistake has been acknowledged and there will be an
adjustment to next month’s financial statements. I thought it might be
possible to have the March reports corrected, hence the delay

Also, there is continuing confusion regarding the postponed Workshop as we
process income and expenses. As of now this is not yet fully resolved. I
suspect there will be adjustments in subsequent monthly financial statements

Given errors that are known or simply possible, the monthly financial
results are pretty much unremarkable

Cash position increased slightly to $295,693. Accumulated surplus decreased
slightly to $211,994.

Net income was a loss of $5,669, slightly better than the previous month.
Year to date is $19,963. We are seeing high expenses for the Executive
Director. These are a direct result of Workshop planning and budgeting,
support for OFA Bylaws and IPR policy work and the interop program.

Comments/questions are more than welcome, whether to me or the group. I’ll
send the actual report to anyone who wants to see it.

Thanks, Jim Acting Treasurer