[Ofa_boardplus] Treasurer's Report for July

Jim Ryan jimdryan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 08:41:01 PDT 2020

Cash position continued to decrease slowly to $237,209. Accumulated surplus
increased slightly to $182,652. For context, this number has been
relatively stable for the last 3 months. Prior to that, there was a slow
downward trend.

Net income was $1,970, the only positive monthly income of the year. This
is the result of the timing of expenses and “housekeeping” on the part of
the Linux Foundation and nothing more consequential. Net income YTD is a
loss of $49,305 against a full-year plan of a loss of $49,192. This is
clearly concerning and something we need to watch carefully.

We are continuing to see over-budget expenses for the Executive Director.
As explained before, the ED is more active than in 2019 which is the basis
for the 2020 budget.

Comments/questions are more than welcome, whether to me or the group. I’ll
send the actual report to anyone who wants to see it.

Thanks, Jim, Treasurer