[Ofa_boardplus] some key developments with the Technical Program Committee (TPC) WRT the Workshop

Jim Ryan jimdryan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 12:11:15 PST 2020

You may recall the TPC has been created and used the last few years to
evaluate and ultimately select session proposals for our upcoming Workshop.
Though the membership has changed somewhat year-to-year, what each TPC has
had in common is the ability to exercise highly competent technical
judgment in session selection, as well as the ability to manage the crush,
literally, of session proposals during our short review window.

The most recent round of evaluations was completed late last week and the
acceptance notices went out from our Logistics Team, which operates
hand-in-glove with the TPC, yesterday.

I don't want to diminish the importance of the LT -- location, food
selection and a number of other factors matter. However, I think these
factors are necessary but not sufficient for a successful workshop. In the
end, if we don't have good content, good sessions, BoFs and so on, we don't
have anything.

I hope you all appreciate the value of this work and of this incredibly
important contribution as a team to the Workshop.

Regards, Jim, acting TPC Chair