[Ofa_boardplus] Treasurer's report for January -- to be discussed briefly at tomorrow's Board meeting

Jim Ryan jimdryan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 15:48:01 PST 2020

Our cash position increased slightly to $296,024. Our accumulated surplus
was essentially flat at $225,632.

Our net income was a loss of $6,325. Recall we are required to use what’s
called “accrual accounting”, which means annual dues are distributed
equally over the fiscal year. This means our reports are confusing, at
best, because our primary source of income is “leveled, whereas expenses
are actual. Note also we have deferred revenue from one source at least,
Intel’s sponsorship of the Workshop amounting to $7,500.

Comments/questions are more than welcome, whether to me or the group. I’ll
send the actual report to anyone who wants to see it.

Thanks, Jim Acting Treasurer