[ofiwg] agenda for 8/12 meeting

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Aug 12 11:30:29 PDT 2014

On Aug 12, 2014, at 2:16 PM, Michael Blocksome <blocksom at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Open source
> - license, contributor agreement, etc?

We briefly discussed this today on the call.  I think the top-level licenses will be the same as the rest of OFED software.

There's currently no contributor agreement.  IANAL, so I don't want to speculate if that's a problem or not.

> - location of top level git repositories

Currently, they're on git.openfabrics.org.

I wouldn't mind if they moved to github, though.  There's some nice tools there for collaboration, and github is a nice "brand name" that everyone knows these days.

My $0.02: it's pretty easy to setup an "openfabrics" organization on github and put all the official upstreams there, and then people can fork repos under their own accounts to do whatever they want, etc.  We've moved most of Open MPI's SVN repos to be git repos on github; we're literally in the midst of moving the final main OMPI SVN repo to github (all under an "open-mpi" organization page).

I'm sure there will be lots of opinions on this topic.  :-)

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com