[ofiwg] OFI WG - minor naming issue -- asking for comment

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Nov 7 09:33:38 PST 2014

> I’m sorry for this additional email to the reflector. Based on some of the
> “SFI”. The abbreviation “SFI” would follow the use of the term “Scalable
> Fabric Interface” in a press release or whatever, so it’d be clear from
> that context.

Libfabric doesn't just jump off the marketing pages?  :)

Personally, I'm in favor of using it to describe the overall output of the OFIWG.  The only change I would suggest is to use the plural, "Interfaces", rather than "Interface".  This would potentially allow SFI to apply to multiple interfaces, possibly instantiated in multiple libraries.