[ofiwg] reminder: OFIWG meeting 11/29

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Nov 28 17:08:52 PST 2016

We will hold a meeting tomorrow at our normal time (9 AM PST - because the world revolves around the US West Coast).  We will collect agenda items at the start of the meeting, or feel free to send me an email.

I plan on walking through the changes that are being staged as the 1.1 ABI update:

https://github.com/ofiwg/libfabric/pull/2444

Note that most of the changes there do not change the ABI, but do affect the API in some way.  The goal is to ensure that there's broad agreement on each change before it hit the mainline, and that a better approach isn't available.  The discussion will carry over to future meetings as needed.

The pull request mentioned above is under active development and may change at any time, though mostly only new patches are added to the end of the series.