[Ofmfwg] OFA_OpenFabrics_Manager Webex meeting invitation: UFM/OFM

Hilland, Jeff jeff.hilland at hpe.com
Fri Oct 2 09:29:17 PDT 2020

As discussed on today's call, the ODIM information can be found at https://odim.io/
Regards,
Jeff

From: Ofmfwg [mailto:ofmfwg-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Herrell, Russ W (Senior System Architect)
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2020 7:47 AM
To: Jim Ryan <executive-director at openfabrics.org>; ofa_ofm at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: Re: [Ofmfwg] OFA_OpenFabrics_Manager Webex meeting invitation: UFM/OFM

I can't make this week's meeting.  I'm not sure what the agenda is, but our timeline suggests we should be pulling together a list of clients.
We have Slurm and Kubernetes of course, which we have already started working on.

I'm going to propose ODIM from ODIM.io will also be a very useful client if not actual component of the OFMF, maybe both.  I've begun looking into what ODIM is and how it might fit with OFMF.  I can report on that next week if necessary.

Additional clients to consider:
        Obviously, the other Container orchestration services, such as (from a survey: https://www.g2.com/products/kubernetes/competitors/alternatives<https://www.g2.com/products/kubernetes/competitors/alternatives>)
*         Red Hat OpenShift
*         Docker Enterprise?
*         AWS Amazon elastic Container Service
*         Google's Kubernetes Engine (how is this different than Kubernetes?)
*         Azure Kubernetes Service (same question?)
*         Cloud Foundry
*         Rancher (never heard of that one, but maybe pretty interesting?)
*         Others
Then there are other job managers (alternatives to Slurm)  (ones I've heard of and we've mentioned before)
*         Torque
*         PBS
*         Mesos

Then we need to look at IB tool stacks, but I haven't dug into anything at all there.  Probably someone that uses IB can get us started....

Russ