[Ofmfwg] Zephyr and NetworkX fabric object description slides

p.grun55 at gmail.com p.grun55 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:56:48 PDT 2021

Good stuff!

One or two smallish comments:

*	If we really want this to be a diagram of the OFMF structure, then the ‘agent’ and everything below it needs to be generalized.  We’re tiptoeing around Gen-Z as the Strawman fabric.  I think we’d rather not inadvertently fall into the ‘OFMF as a Service for Gen-Z’ trap, and the best way to do that is to a) keep reminding ourselves that Gen-Z is the strawman and b) find a second fabric with which to work.
*	Personally, I would be much happier if we replaced ‘agent’ with ‘provider’, since that reinforces the parallels with e.g. libfabric.  There’s a certain poetry in having the OFMF provide services to a Fabric Provider.

Regards,

-Paul (aka the keeper of all things pure)