[Ofmfwg] OFMFWG---Latest update-to-date OFMF diagram

Aguilar, Michael J. mjaguil at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 22 12:58:06 PDT 2022

Everyone

We have a new version of an abstract look at the OFMF to look at.

After the meetings on Wednesday and Friday morning, we have:

  1.  Separated out some of the memory structures and resource information into a separate Redfish/Swordfish database.
  2.  Added a ‘Composability Layer’ on the left side of the first slide.  The Composability Layer communicates to the OFMF and to the other Redfish/Swordfish database to gather and provide information to the OFMF (fabrics and fabric connections) and to the other database for resource control and management.
  3.  The Gen-Z and CXL Agents communicate to the OFMF and to the other database to gather information, as they are capable of working with the end-point resources.
  4.  The resources are controlled by the Redfish/Swordfish database and the connections are controlled by the OFMF.

I think, it appears, that the Composability Manager, on the left, is the key part of what we were missing.  In the end, we want the functionality that Gen-Z and CXL provide through their Agents, but we want separation of concerns.

Please, feel free to edit and we’ll continue to meet and hash out the diagram.  Also, please feel free to respond to this email thread and submit changes, ahead of the meetings, to try to work out, edit, and ‘flesh’ out this diagram.  It will be helpful to get some portions done before we meet.  We’ll consider this diagram a living document.  In addition, please tag on any Use-Case descriptions, UML, and flow diagrams that you want to test against the current OFMF diagrams, at any step.

Right now, I am trying to work out how the left side of the diagram looks and works for HPC clients.  That is slide 2.

Slide 1:  Our current diagram after Friday
Slide 2:  Left side clients and the Composability Layer
Slide 3:  The old diagram, pre-Wednesday and pre-Friday

Mike