[Ofmfwg] OFMF meeting minutes for 10 June 2022

Aguilar, Michael J. mjaguil at sandia.gov
Fri Jun 10 07:47:51 PDT 2022

Everyone

Here is the meeting minutes for 10 June 2022.

Mike

  1.  IBM/Red Hat team introduction and goals for the OFMF Working Group----Christian Pinto and Michele Gazetti-----We have composability of systems and fabrics is in scope for the OFMF and is part of the goals.  We will be needing to start development for this set of features.  Use-Case description would be added for passing and interacting with clients.  We would service composability based on rules and optimizations.  View of system based upon security levels and restrictions.
     *
  2.  Update on server infrastructure:

     *   First shared cloud server for OFMF development---Kamatera----Mike will be creating 3 more servers and will turn over a server to Richelle for the OFMF and Russ/Jim/Erich for the Gen-Z agent, CXL development/composability.
                                                               i.      Kamatera--$9/month per server instance
                                                             ii.      First server will be for GUI development---If things look good, I’ll work on getting more servers
                                                           iii.      1 Intel Xeon Platinum core 8358P, 20GB of SSD
                                                           iv.      IP address:  104.129.130.108
                                                             v.      SSH keys for log-ins and for port tunnelling our OFMF services between the servers
                                                           vi.      Firewalld
                                                          vii.      Standard usage with all of the normal Sys Admin controls

           *   DNF Centos 8 vault repos installed by me
           *   Git was already in the image
           *   Python3 and Screen installed by me
                                                        viii.      Running the OFMF services, right now
                                                            ix.      I would like to add more servers to support our shared development work
1.       DockerHub---Mike will be working to get the upgraded account up for the OFMF container instances.
a.       OFMF containers will be put up

  1.  Current development work
  2.  CXL Use Case Description---edits
     *   Google Docs
  3.  Russ’s edits to the OFMF Documentation
     *   Google Docs
  4.  Current Use-Case descriptions
     *   Google Docs