[Ofmfwg] OFMF meeting minutes for 20 October 2023

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Oct 20 08:07:48 PDT 2023

When I sent it out, I sent it out as only BSD 3 Clause.  This is because a
company, if they really wanted their code to be GPL, can re-release BSD
code as GPL code (but not the other way around).  The real impetus for dual
license in the past was contributing code you wanted to be BSD to the linux
kernel where it is GPL, so Dual license allowed you to have it both ways.
This isn't kernel code, so the complexity seems unnecessary.  See my email
to ofmfwg at lists.openfabrics.org with the things to take to company legal
departments for approval.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>