[Openib-windows] CQ event notification in user-mode

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Aug 17 14:18:48 PDT 2005

>True, but then do you apply the same logic to connection end points?  Should
>each CEP have an underlying file so that the user can implement totally
>different I/O completion processing on a per-connection basis?  I'm weary of
>adding in useless flexibility at the cost of scalability.  I just don't quite
>know where to draw the line.

I would treat completion processing separately from connection establishment.
IMO, connection establishment doesn't need to be as flexible.  (Arlin may
disagree with me here...)  Most apps would probably be happy to connect using
host names or IP addresses.  With CQs, there's a way for an app to improve
scalability if 1-2 CQs per QP consumes too many software resources - not so with
CEPs.

So, I guess my vote is to ignore the potentially scalability issues of mapping
one CQ to one file, then pick the best alternative.