[Openib-windows] how to install windows openib drivers?

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Sat Apr 1 21:17:23 PST 2006

Hi Jeremy,

On 4/1/06, Jeremy Enos <jenos at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure how to tell what model I have using Windows short of
> opening the box up, but it's remote to me at the moment.

Bring up the computer management console (right-click my computer,
manage), then select Device Manager.

Find the HCA (probably PCI Device under Other category), right-click,
properties.

You should see a "Details" tab, select it, and select Device ID or Hardware ID.

The drivers should work with:
PCI\VEN_15B3&DEV_5A44&SUBSYS_5A4415B3&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_15B3&DEV_6278&SUBSYS_627815B3&REV_A0

The first is a MT23108 board, the second is a MT25208.

Let me know what your device is reported as (select the hardware ID,
then ctrl-c as the right-click menu doesn't give the option to copy)
if it isn't one of the above.

>  However, on a
> linux box pulled from the same batch, lspci yields:
>
> 02:0b.0 PCI bridge: Mellanox Technologies MT23108 PCI Bridge (rev a1)
> 03:00.0 InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT23108 InfiniHost (rev a1)
>
> I'm not 100% until I open the box of course, but in this particular case
> I am 99.9% sure the windows box is using the same card.  It doesn't find
> anything when I point it to the HCA directory.  But you're saying that
> should work w/ the 23108, right?

Yes, if your Windows box is the same, it should work.

>This is likely a novice question, but
> what do "Tavor" and "Arbel" refer to?  The different chipsets?

Correct - Tavor is the PCI-X HCA chip from Mellanox, found on the
MT23108 HCAs.  Arbel is the PCI-Express HCA chip, for HCAs with
memory, found on the MT23208.  Someone form Mellanox will hopefully
correct me if I've bungled this up.

If your system is PCI-X, you have an MT23108.