[ofw] incompatibility issues between WinOF & (Linux) OFED 1.1

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Sat May 26 13:31:40 PDT 2007

Hi,

WinIF is supposed to be compatible with (Linux) OFED 1.1!

Please note however, that ib_send_bw is just a utility that works over
these two stacks and is not compatible between the two versions of the
stacks. This is why your test didn't work.
iperf is an example for an application that works both for windows and
Linux. (works over ipoib and SDP)

In order to have your application working between windows and Linux you
can do one of the following:
1) Write your program directly over the verbs.
2) use IPOIB.
3) Use SDP. In that case you will have to use OFED 1.2.

If you can tell us what your application is trying to do, I can try and
give more help.
(In other words, are you just starting with your application, or is it
already written? Do you care for BW or latency? What is the size of the
messages that you are trying to send? Does your program need to scale to
a big number of computers or not?)