[ofw] SRP problems with WinOF 1.0.1

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Wed Feb 6 01:10:17 PST 2008

Please, do not use "Enabling large SG lists" flag (ModeFlag=2).
It violates StorPort restriction and can cause problems.
I've added it for the goal of checking performance with 1MB size buffers
and in hope, that the restriction will be soon removed.
I was working then with SP1 and StorPort driver gave me 1MB size
packets.
Seems like MS patched the StorPOrt in SP2.
As I understood from the patches to this list, SP2's StorPort ignores a
try to increase the number of physical breaks, so ModeFlag=2 won't cause
problems, but also won't work.

About the max packet size.
>From my experience, the largest packet size with StorPort is 64K.
And it seems that there is no way to overcome this restriction.