[ofw] IPoIV_NDIS6_CM status

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Nov 19 06:16:02 PST 2009

Hi Alex,
  Please find inline comments .

Alex Naslednikov wrote:
> Hello, Stan,
> The problem you describe can only happen when NDIS doesn't receive
> completion on its send NBLs (Net Buffer Lists). This bug was shown
> during WHQL testing and successfully resolved.

Would you verify the patch is in SVN code base?

> Now I can't see the problem, at least at our MLNX_WinOF 2.1 branch.
> Can you please specify some more information:

Two port HCA (MT26418) one port cable connected, other port has no cable.
Disable IPoIB on port not connected - OK
Disable IPoIB on connected port - devmgmt.msc window hangs.
Kill devmgmt.msc window
Enable IPoIB which was previously disable hangs.

> * Windows version
Server 2008 SP2 x64
Server 2008 R2 x64
Connectx HCA MT26418 firmware 2.07.0000 on both systems.

> * Connection type (B2B/switch)
Switch, 24 port

> * Is opensm running ?
Opensm 3.3.3 on another node; will try trunk openSM (3.0.0) today just to be sure.

> * Is heavy send/recv traffic running
No traffic; idle system & uninstall test cases hang.

IPoIB & stack built with latest MSFT WDK - 7600.16385.0

Stan.