[ofw] Loading Ibbus.sys

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 25 16:26:57 PST 2010

Sophia Germans wrote on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 at 15:44:00

> Hi,
>
> When I install free build of  ibbus.sys  via hardware wizard routine
> using the driver installation file ibbus.inf, the driver fails to load
> without a kernel debugger connected to it.

Are you trying to install ibbus.sys for a virtual device, or are you installing in response to a PnP enumeration of a physical HW device?

> I get an error message saying that system needs to be restarted. Unless
> there is a debugger attached to the target,ibbus.sys fails to load.  But
> I see no assert statements / error messages while the driver gets
> loaded.  I would much appreciate if any one can help me to understand /
> work around this issue.

Are you loading a driver you built yourself?  If so, look at the WDK documentation about test signing drivers, including how to put the system into test mode so that test signed drivers will load.